The BKB Bank makes every effort to ensure that the information provided on its website is always up to date. Nevertheless, and despite all due care, facts or figures may have changed in the meantime. Therefore, all offers presented on the website of the BKB Bank (hereinafter called the “Bank”) are without obligation and are subject to change without notice. No liability or warranty can therefore be assumed for the information provided being correct, complete and up-to-date. Therefore all liability claims against the bank on grounds of loss or damage of a material or intangible nature caused by the use or non-use of faulty or incomplete information are excluded.
The same also applies to all other websites to which hyperlinks are provided. The Bank is not responsible for the content of such websites and expressly disassociates itself from all content of external websites which may be of relevance under criminal or liability law or transgresses standards of public decency. Except where reference is made to other providers, producers or trademark owners, the Bank holds the copyright and all other property rights to all pages of the website, including their layout and content. The accessing, copying, storage editing and modification of any of the pages of this website or their content or results generated or displayed with the visualization tools, whether in whole or in part, may not be done for purposes of commercial use. Copyright notices and trademark designations may be neither altered nor removed. All other activities require the prior written consent of the Bank. The information provided available may only be retrieved in a manner which does not impair use of the Bank’s website by other visitors. The statements contained herein do not constitute investment advice or other recommendation of any kind, nor may they be construed as a contract offer. To receive individual advice, please contact our personnel. Links may only be provided to our website with the prior consent of and after review by the Bank. Nevertheless, no responsibility can be assumed for the content of websites of third parties.
In the interest of improved readability of the bank’s homepage the use of gender is not necessarily consistent with an actual gender-specific meaning. The chosen masculine form intends an equal and adequate treatment of the feminine form.
The Bank takes the protection and privacy of your personal data very seriously. The following description provides an overview of what the Bank does with your data and how we ensure the privacy of your data.
Information about the collection of personal data
(1) Below we inform about the collection of personal data when using our website. Personal data are all data which are personally associated with you, e.g. name, address, e-mail, user behavior.
(2) Responsible officer according to Art. 4 para. 7 EU-General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is:
Bremer Kreditbank AG
Phone: +49 (0) 421 3684 - 0
Fax: +49 (0) 421 3684 - 482
(3) You can contact our data protection officer at:
Bremer Kreditbank AG
Data Protection Officer
Phone: +49 (0) 421 3684 - 0
Fax: +49 (0) 421 3684 - 482
E-Mail: datenschutz@ bkb-bank.com
(4) When you contact us by e-mail, the information you provide us (your e-mail address, your name and telephone number if applicable) will be stored by us to answer your questions. We will delete the data that arises in this context after the storage is no longer required, or limit the processing if there are legal retention requirements.
(5) If we rely on contracted service provider for individual tasks of our offer or would like to use your data for advertising purposes, we will inform you in detail about the respective actions. At the same time, we will call the specified criteria for the storage duration.
(6) Please note that data transmission over the Internet (for example, when communicating via e-mail) may have security vulnerabilities. A complete protection of the data from access by third parties is not possible.
(1) Every affected person has the right to get information under Article 15 of the GDPR, the right to correct under Article 16 GDPR, the right of cancellation under Article 17 GDPR, the right to limit processing under Article 18 GDPR, the right to object under Article 21 GDPR and the right to data portability from Article 20 GDPR. In the case of the right to information and the right to erase, the restrictions under §§ 34 and 35 BDSG apply. In addition, there is a right of appeal to a competent data protection supervisory authority (Art. 77 GDPR in conjunction with § 19 BDSG).
(2) You may revoke your consent to the processing of personal data at any time. This also applies to the revocation of declarations of consent that were given to us prior to the validity of the General Data Protection Regulation, i.e. before May 25th, 2018. Please note that the revocation only works for the future. Processing that occurred before the revocation is not affected.
Data processing on this website
(1) If you use this website for informative purposes only, i.e. if you do not register or otherwise provide us with information, we only collect the personal data that your browser transmits to our server. If you wish to view our website, we collect the following data that are technically necessary for us to display our website and to ensure its stability and safety (legal basis is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR):
(2) In addition to the aforementioned data, cookies are stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard disk and assigned to the browser you are using, and that provide certain information to the domain that sets the cookie (here, through us). Cookies can not run programs or transmit viruses to your computer. They serve to make the Internet offer more user-friendly and effective overall.
a) This website uses the following types of cookies, the scope and operation of which are explained below:
b) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close the browser. These include in particular the session cookies. These store a so-called session ID, with which various requests from your browser can be assigned to the common session. This will allow your computer to be recognized when you return to our website. The session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
c) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period of time, which may differ depending on the cookie. You can delete the cookies in the security settings of your browser at any time.
d) You can configure your browser setting according to your wishes and for example decline the acceptance of third-party cookies or all cookies. Please be aware that this may not enable you to use all features of this site.
(1) If you send us inquiries via the contact form, the details from the inquiry form, including the contact details you provided there, will be stored in order to process the request and in case of follow-up questions. We will not share this information without your consent.
(2) The processing of the data entered into the contact form is therefore exclusively based on your consent (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a GDPR). You can revoke this consent at any time. An informal message by e-mail to us is sufficient. The legality of the data processing operations carried out until the revocation remains unaffected by the revocation.
(3) The information you provide in the contact form will remain with us until you ask us to delete it, revoke your consent to storage or the purpose for data storage is dropped (for example, after your request has been processed). Mandatory statutory provisions remain unaffected, especially retention periods.
(1) Access data that you enter when registering for online banking is processed solely for this purpose. In addition, log data are collected to ensure the security of online banking, e.g. failed login attempts.
(2) The legal basis for the processing of the access data is our contractual relationship (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b GDPR) and for log data our legitimate interest in the security of online banking and the protection of their interests against misuse (Art. 6 para.1 lit. f GDPR)
(3) The access data will be deleted as soon as the contractual relationship has been terminated. Log data will be deleted after checking for any irregularities unless they are still needed to prove this. Here the maximum storage duration is 90 days.
Encryption of personal data
(1) All information that you entrust to us as part of the contact form or the online banking access will be securely transmitted using modern Internet technology and used exclusively for specific purposes.
(2) The Bank uses transfer methods based on the Transport Layer Security Protocol (TLS). This allows encryption of all traffic between your browser and the server of the bank. This protects your data from manipulation and unauthorized access by third parties.
Special feature of foreign transfers
(1) In the case of payments to abroad and special express payments, the data contained in the transfer will be forwarded to the beneficiary's credit institution via the only global payment service Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication (SWIFT) located in Belgium.
(2) Pursuant to the Agreement between the European Union and the United States of America on the processing of payment data and their transfer from the European Union to the United States, the US authorities will be allowed, for the purpose of counteract international terrorism, to access and store data which are transfer via SWIFT for a period of up to 5 years. Exceptions to this agreement are transfers within the SEPA area.
Use of Google Analytics
(1) This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics uses so-called "cookies", text files that are stored on your computer, to help analyze how users use the website. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is usually transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. In case of activation of the IP anonymization on this website, your IP address will be shortened by Google within member states of the European Union or other parties to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be sent to a Google server in the US and shortened there. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activity and to provide other services related to website usage and internet usage to the website operator.
(2) The IP address submitted by your browser as part of Google Analytics will not be merged with other Google data.
(3) You can prevent the storage of cookies by a corresponding setting of your browser software; however, please note that if you do this, you may not be able to use all the features of this website to the fullest. You may also prevent the collection of the data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) as well as the processing of this data by Google by using the browser plug-in available under the following link.: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de.
(4) This website uses Google Analytics with the extension "_anonymizeIp()". As a result, IP addresses are processed shortened and the identification of an individual person can be excluded. Insofar as the data collected get assigned a personal reference, they will be excluded and the personal data will be deleted immediately.
(5) We use Google Analytics to analyze and improve the use of our website. With the statistics we can improve our offer and make it more interesting for you as a user. For the exceptional cases in which personal information are transferred to the US, Google has submitted to the EU-US Privacy Shield www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. Legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR.
(7) This website also uses Google Analytics for the cross-device analysis of visitor flows, which is performed by a user ID. You can disable the cross-device analysis of your usage, in your account under My Account, Personal info & privacy.
Privacy statement – Status May 2018
Beyond the website, we also process personal data as part of our business relationship. Information on these data processing and your data protection claims and rights, which partly also concern the data processing on our website, can be found here. These can also be viewed in any branch or sent to you. (Documents are only available in German)
Customers of BKB (PDF, 73 kB)
Guarantors, authorized representatives, third party guarantors and all natural persons whose data we store in connection with a BKB customer. (PDF, 72 kB)
Children, teenager (This information is also helpful for customers with little language skills) (PDF, 64 kB
Garnishment creditor (PDF, 59 kB)
Persons who do not work for BKB (PDF, 65 kB)
Schufa - processing of data by the Schufa (PDF, 515 kB)
Video surveillance (349kb)
We strive to comply with the data protection/privacy regulations in all areas of our platform and also our Bank. If you have any questions concerning this Data Privacy Statement or would like any further information on the subject of data protection in the context of our offering, please contact our Data Protection Officer.